Unlike other providers, LLS Logistics genuinely take ownership of your logistics and ensure your site is run efficiently and safely. We’ll take the management and supervision of all of your site logistics off your hands, while offering significant commercial advantages and allowing you to focus on other priorities.
Complete construction logistics
Our construction logistics service include:
- Ongoing supervision and regular site logistics meetings, which ensure the site is maintained as first set up and standards remain high from start to finish. Our site managers also provide site RAMS for all LLS tasks and any additional tasks via Daily Action Briefings.
- Management of sub‐contractor relationships, including producing plans to highlight material laydown and storage areas, and issuing daily Improvements Notices should sub‐contractors fail to perform.
- Processing of all materials in and out of site, including reviewing the construction programme to assess what materials are expected and ensuring “just in time” deliveries arrive to maintain a clear, safe site.
- We ensure health and safety standards are maintained at all times. (this includes eg maintaining clean walkways and staircases, materials on pallets with barriers, fire signage and pedestrian route safe signage, safe working practices).
With our logistics package you get a dedicated team to manage your site’s logistics. That team includes a Logistics Manager, a Contract Manager and a Health & Safety Manager.
Your dedicated onsite Logistics Manager will own all aspects of your site logistics at a site‐based level. That manager will have strong communication and management skills and will be trained to SMSTS, First Aid, fire marshal, traffic marshal.
Their responsibilities will include, for example:
- The management of the access and egress records through our biometric turnstile system.
- Monitoring site labour levels in agreement with the contractor and ensuring all labour allocation sheets are up to date.
- Ensuring all material deliveries are booked through our online booking system.
- Site tidiness, including taking waste away, management of bins to the compactor, issuing clear up notices to subcontractors (clear up notices issued through our clear‐ up app).
- Daily briefings and weekly tool box talks to our on site team.
An LLS Logistics Contract Manager will visit your site regularly to support the Logistics Manager and assess all aspects of their performance. Performance scoring is recorded using our own app which generates a report for the main contractor to review.
An LLS Logistics Operations Director will visit monthly to support our team on your site and to ensure LLS standards are met. Our Operations Director will produce a summary report for your Project Manager and your site team to review.
From the labourers on site to the Contract Manager, health and safety is constantly monitored and communicated. LLS Logistics’ Health and Safety Manager ensures staff are working safely under RAMS. Our Health and Safety Advisor will visit site on a monthly basis, to review and report on our services; all reports and findings are issued to the contractor.
With decades of experience as Quantity Surveyors, LLS Logistics’ Directors know that control and transparency of costs is critical to any construction project.
We will review your construction programme and needs for each project, then agree a lump sum price on the scope of works, at the start of each project and ensure transparency by:
- Tracking additional works via a site instruction, detailing where and why costs emerge.
- Ensuring all site instructions (SI) refer to Contract Administrator Instructions and all timesheets are referenced to each SI
- In addition daily allocation sheets are referenced to each SI
- Offering fixed prices for cost certainty when additional works are requested, prior to instruction
- Producing a final account at each application and enabling client to review the overall spend.
Our team will continually review site requirements and suggest alternatives to help reduce your project costs.
Get in touch if you’d like us take the management and supervision of all of your site logistics off your hands, while offering significant commercial advantages, and allowing you to focus on other priorities.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Pre -construction
- Soft strip out
- Logistics personnel
- Traffic and delivery management
- Waste management and recycling
- Hoarding and fencing
- Materials procurement
- Plant hire
- Site establishment and fit out
- Site accommodation and maintenance
- Final clean